Monday, June 22, 2020

2020: An Update from the Apocalypse

I don't know if anyone reads this anymore. It's been five years and I've essentially broken the promise I made that I wouldn't just disappear. In my defense, I'm a superstitious person. When something is out of my control, I tend to remove it from the world of the rational and into the world of the supernatural. I believed that this blog and its contents, and the persona of The Inexperienced Guy, were toxic. That I had to let it go in order to embrace a new life. I've gotten better at being less superstitious, and honestly 99% of the time I'm very rational and a bit of a skeptic. Nonetheless maybe I'll regret coming out of retirement (if this is even me coming out of retirement). Who knows.

I'll start with the important stuff since I know everyone is tuning in for the obvious: Becky and I ended up getting married. 6 months or so after my last post. Is it a perfect relationship? Of course not, such a thing doesn't exist. But we're happy. I'm also now no longer a kissless, virgin who never had a girlfriend before.

I don't know what else to say other than that. I can say that I'm now much more confident around women (ironic, since it no longer matters). I guess it's one of those catch-22 type of things where you can't have confidence until you've got some experience, and you won't get experience without confidence. Somehow I managed to break the cycle.

Anyway, I just wanted readers to know I'm not dead. I'm doing well. I could probably manage to cut back on the bourbon and cigars, but otherwise I'm healthy and happy. I may come back and write here about other things. Maybe my career journey, which is currently in a valley (some of my own doing). I appreciate those of you who gave me advice, feedback, or even just those who commented on here over the years. It's been almost ten years since I started this blog, and if nothing else it's a great time capsule for me to go back and read my thoughts through the years.

Again thank you all.

Yours,

The Inexperienced Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment