Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Slut Shaming and a Helpful Way to Look at Sex

I'm someone who cares about sexual history.  But I'm also someone who doesn't want to know.  Ignorance is bliss when it comes to this topic.

It's not that I'll judge you, it's more like this: I'm a virgin, if you've had sex with 25 guys in your life there's really no way I'm going to be able to satisfy you sexually.  Just trying is going to be an exercise in futility because I'm going to psyche myself out of it and screw everything up by being self conscious about it.  So, better if I just don't know anything about your romantic or sexual history.  I probably won't share my (lack of) sexual history either.  It's not something you want to know.  Nothing like finding out your potential boyfriend is a virgin who has never even kissed a girl to kill all the romance.

So I've come to view people's decisions to have sex in this way: have sex with whoever you want, don't have sex with whoever you don't want.  It's all up to you.  It's your life, live it how you want.  The caveat: I don't want to hear any complaining.

I don't want to hear how you slept with some guy and now he won't call you back.  I don't want to hear any complaining about being stuck in a "friends with benefits" situation when you really want a relationship.  I don't want to hear about how some guy is a jerk or he's not the guy you thought he was or any other variation of these complaints.  You chose to sleep with the guy, deal with it like an adult, not a pampered child.

And before anyone accuses me of being sexist, this goes for guys too.  I don't want to hear complaints about how some girl you met at a party slept with you and now wants a relationship and you only wanted some quick sex.  I don't want to hear about how some girl is clingy or whatever.  You chose to sleep with her, deal with it.

That's all I ask.  Sleep with whomever you want.  Just stop the damn complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment