Saturday, August 10, 2013

Oh the Trials of Creative Content

I don't know how you vloggers do it.  How you share your lives, embarrassing moments and all, on the internet for all to see without feeling weird about it.  Most of you guys have become quasi-public figures without the great pay of being a celebrity

I just sat downstairs in my house for 40 minutes recording 6 minutes of audio for a podcast I'm thinking about doing.  After listening to it, I feel kind of ridiculous.

Writing on here is pretty easy.  I don't have to worry about how my voice sounds, whether what I'm saying sounds ridiculous, or anything.  I just put words on a (digital) page and then let the dust settle where it may.  Sometimes it's just a place to dump my thoughts without, sometimes I try to be more profound.  Either way I have a pretty easy way to edit what I say and make it sound more precise and clean.

On a recording device?  No chance.  At least that's how I feel.  I strongly prefer the written medium.

I think I'm going to table the podcast for now.  Unless I can get enough people interested in being a guest on it.  I think I'd like to talk about things with another person (probably via skype or something similar) rather than me just talking to myself about something for a half an hour or 15 minutes.

Anyway, I greatly admire what many of you have been able to do.  Not just by the quality of your content, but the ability to put yourselves out there without being awkward.  Hopefully some of that will rub off on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment