Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Question Time

So I've been dipping into my mail bag searching for good questions (as always, email me your questions at theinexpguy@gmail.com) and the one that pops up the most is "why are you so negative?".

Well, let me explain why.  I might not be the most experienced guy out there, but I've learned a few things here and there by observing people and relationships.  Granted, that can only teach you so much, but it reveals some things and can be very insightful.

People are shitty.  Not just in how they treat others, but also how they treat themselves.  I've seen men fall all over themselves trying to keep their wife or girlfriend happy even though they'd probably be better off ditching the situation.  I've seen women stick with true assholes despite the fact that they could get any man in the world.  And when I talk about "asshole" behavior, I'm not talking about "he didn't call at 5 pm like he said he would, he called at 5:15", I'm talking about things like he cheated or beat you up, or is a drunk deadbeat who got pulled over 3 times already for a DUI.

Obviously, it's the latter part that truly truly sticks in my crawl.  I can't tell you how many guys I've seen or heard about who have a truly great girlfriend or wife, but somehow feel the need to cheat on her.  And then, bizarrely, the woman in question invariably takes him back (often with excuses).  I mean you have got to be fucking kidding me.  That piece of trash can get multiple women pining for him and I'm lucky if I get a date once a year?  That's the kind of stuff that really bothers me.  And it's why I often don't bother approaching women because I feel like I'm not that guy.  I'm not going to cause you drama or cheat on you or whatever and that makes me boring, it makes me not a challenge and not a good catch.  It doesn't matter how much we have in common or how good looking I may or may not be, I'm just not the kind of guy that inspires that kind of real attraction.

In fact, it's not just inspiring attraction.  I have a hard time getting women to want to go out on a date, talk on the phone, skype, etc.  It's really like pulling teeth.  I've never asked for naked pics, never sent naked pics, and on all my messages on dating sites I offer more than just a "hey how are you?" type of message.  I always feel like I'm an annoyance rather than welcome attention.  Maybe if I was more of an asshole, or more of a threat to cheat or whatever I'd have better luck.

I know some of you will shake your head at this.  And that's fine.  I understand I have a small sample size, etc.  But it's an undeniable fact that I'm still single, as I have been for my entire adult life, and I've yet to meet a real douchey guy who had trouble getting dates.  So if you want to know why I'm so negative, that's why.

As always feel free to email, comment, tweet me, submit questions via facebook or tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment