Sunday, January 20, 2013

An Update of Sorts

I've gotten two comments on my things that limit you post.  Both commenters suggested I get a job and move out (with a roommate if necessary).  So I'd like to lay out exactly where I am with all of this.

In the spring of 2012 I was given a tremendous opportunity by a friend of mine.  He wants to start a business  that essentially caters to my skill set.  He's lined up two sponsors so far and we've got a lot of the basics up and running.  It's a great opportunity in the sense that I'd be immediately be in a senior position with creative input and schedule flexibility, seniority, etc.

Here's the problem: we're not profitable right now.  We might never be.  I have to essentially treat it as a full time job in the meantime though if we want a chance at success.  It might be a year or even two years before we make any kind of serious money (if we ever do).  Yes, in the meantime I can get a part time job to bring in some money but if I try to seriously make a go of this business it's going to take some time and patience.  I'm not exactly sure I can wait that long to get my first kiss, first sex, etc.  Maybe I can, but I think I'm already going insane.

So here's the rub: do I commit myself to this without any guarantee it will work out?  What if in two years I'm a 27 year old guy without any full time work experience or (for the purposes of this blog) relationship experience?  While I'm trying to make this work do I forget about dating and women?

I really do want this business to work, and I really think it can.  It's just going to take some hard work and some time.  But I'm torn.  I see women when I'm out in the store or running errands and I feel bad.

So I don't know.  I guess I'm stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment